Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Transitions

Albert Schweitzer once said, 'At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us'.
Thank you to those who emailed me after reading the last newsletter, your support really means a lot. Big thanks to my family, friends and mentor who have been there for me in such loving ways, rekindling the spark within.

One beautiful soul, Lisa, congratulated me on being back following my life's purpose, and that really reminded me of how far I had strayed. I so badly wanted my relationship to work that I stopped listening to my intuition, and tried to be who my partner wanted me to be rather than myself. I tried to live his values and dreams and forego mine. And in that process I numbed myself- I almost forgot who I was. I so badly wanted his approval and love that I neglected me. I was looking for love and approval from outside myself rather than within. Then, I started remembering who I am and hired a coach to help regain my power and life, live my purpose and feel again- having faith in the future, laughing, feeling more positive, training again- saying YES to life.
           
I feel all the emotions- sadness, remorse, shame- the emotions I used to try and eliminate from my life. Now I accept what I feel, acknowledge it and keep moving on. As Brene Brown said we can't selectively numb out feelings- when we numb out the 'bad' ones we also numb out the 'good'. I make sure to do something I enjoy each day -such as listening to music, singing, walking, talking to a loved one- to shift the energy a bit.
           
And I keep putting one foot in front of the other and doing what needs to be done. It is important for me right now to have a daily ritual. Each morning I write down my goals for the day, what the potential blocks may be and how to hurdle them, and at the end of the day I acknowledge my successes and what I am grateful for. I don't beat myself up if I forget something, I pat myself on the back for what I did do. This helps me to continue moving forward rather than being stuck in the muck, and each little step leads me further on my path.

Some steps to help you move forward are:
  1. Be who you are- listen to your intuition and speak your truth!
  2. Accept and acknowledge your feelings and move on
  3. Start a daily ritual

Until next time, Be good to yourself! YOU are your greatest asset!

No comments: